Important Saturday Soccer Dates:
Tuesday, May 21: U07-U14 Footskills, Lakewood Park
U07-U08 5:30 – 6:20 p.m.
U09-U14: 6:30 – 7:20 p.m.
Tuesday, May 21: U05-U06 FUNdamentals, Lakewood Park (NOTE CHANGE IN NIGHT TO ACCOMMODATE JOE JULIAN’S SCHEDULE)
U05: 5:30 – 6:20 p.m.
U06: 6:30 – 7:20 p.m.
Saturday, May 25: Game #8, Memorial Field (FINAL GAME)
NOTICE TO ALL LSA SATURDAY SOCCER PARENTS:
LSA is seeking volunteers to join the committee to run Saturday Soccer beginning this fall. Saturday Soccer commissioner Scott Suttell has held the job for most of the last eight years and no longer will oversee the program with the conclusion of the spring season.
This is a great opportunity for you to step up your involvement in the organization. It is rewarding work for people who are committed to LSA and want to play a role in making Lakewood a great place to live.
Ideally, we’d like to get 10-12 people to volunteer to split up the duties involved with running Saturday Soccer. Those duties are as follows:
1. Prepare and distribute registration forms
2. Set in-person signup sessions (two per season)
3. Staff in-person registrations (two per season)
4. Set referee briefings (one per season)
5. Referee scheduling
6. Set and conduct coaches meeting (one per season)
7. Prepare all documentation for coaches meeting
8. Run the concession stand on Saturday mornings
9. Prepare volunteer schedules (field setup, concession stand, etc.) for fall and spring seasons
10. Oversee, with the help of a registrar, player registrations and team formation
11. Handle calls and emails from parents with questions, particularly regarding registration and team placement
12. Set the schedule for footskills and U5-U6 FUNdamentals
13. Email rosters to coaches
14. Send weekly emails with league updates to coaches
15. Email team assignments to parents
16. Oversee special events, such as Picture Day, Food Drive, etc.
17. Order medals/season-ending awards
18. Update the website with Saturday Soccer material, including last-minute cancellations
19. Establish a trailer schedule to pull the trailer to and from Memorial Field each Saturday
20. Oversee the distribution and ordering of equipment
21. Maintain a presence at Memorial Field from 7:30 a.m. (field setup) to 1:30 p.m. (field teardown) each Saturday.
If you are interested in serving on the committee, please send an email ASAP to the firstname.lastname@example.org address. Those who volunteer will get information soon about a meeting to begin planning the fall season.
Thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions, please call me at 216-926-8702.
LSA Saturday Soccer Commissioner
Saturday Soccer Spring 2013 Game Schedules:
LSA Sat Soccer Concession Stand Schedule Spring 2013:
LAS Sat Soccer Field Set Up Schedule Spring 2013:
Saturday Soccer U05-U06 FUNdamentals Coach Volunteer Schedule Spring 2013:
Youth Sports Concussion Information: What Parents need to know!!
Have a question?
Please contact LSA at the following e-mail address: email@example.com